LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
I, John M. Inman, of Emmet County, State of Iowa, being of sound, disposing mind and memory, and of full age, do hereby make and ordain this my Last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all former wills which may have been made by me:
1. I give and bequeath to my son, Geo. W. Inman, my Book-desk, Library and Books now owned by me.
2. To my son, Henry L. Inman, I give and bequeath my silver watch and the sum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
3. To my son, Charles W. Inman, I give and bequeath the sum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
4. To my son, John T. Inman, I give and bequeath the sum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
5. To my daughter-in-law, Sarah Catherine Inman, wife of Geo. W. Inman. I give and bequeath one bedstead, and one set of serings, one mattress, one pair of pillows and suitable covering for the same, one feather bed; one ingrain carpet; one bureau or chest of drawers; one traveling trunk; one centre table; one large rocking chair; one wash stand, wash bowl, pitcher and looking glass.
6. To Dolly, the wife of O. E. Hubbard, I give and bequeath one bedstead, one set of wire springs, one mattress, one feather bed, one pair of pillows and suitable covering for the same; one cooking stove and stove pipe; one dining table; one refrigerator or ice box; one set of steel knives and forks; Also all dishes now belonging to me; six cane bottom chairs; one cane backed rocking chair; one looking glass.
7. My funeral expenses are all to be paid before any of the before mentioned bequests are to be paid.
8. The remainder and residue of my estate, I give and bequeath to be equally divided between my four sons, Charles E., Henry L., George W. and John T. Inman. My California lands are to be sold as soon as possible without loss or sacrifice, and the proceeds to be equally divided between my four sons above mentioned, to-wit: Charles E., Henry L., George W. and John T. Inman.
9. I hereby appoint E. J. Breen, of Emmet County, Iowa, as Executor of this my Last Will and Testament.
J. M. Inman
Executed at Estherville, Emmet County, Iowa, this 18th day of October, 1897.
The foregoing instrument was at the date thereof subscribed by John M. Inman in our presence, and he, at the same time, declared the same to be his Last Will and Testament; and by his request we signed our names thereto as witnesses, both in his presence and in the presence of each other.
C. A. Nancolas of Emmet County, Iowa
Wm. Chapin of Emmet County, Iowa